Sweeping Denials and Affirmations
At the beginning of each New Year, I like to review Dr. H. Emily Cady’s powerful work in Lessons in Truth. To my way of thinking, we cannot hear her absolute Truth principles often enough. Her words support the refinement and advancement of our consciousness in powerful ways.
She offers eight sweeping denials and affirmations in which the Christ Spirit is awakened in each of us so that we begin to accomplish the truly miraculous. Let this be a year of miracles for you!
Dr. Cady writes, “Denial is the first practical step toward wiping out of our minds the mistaken beliefs of a lifetime—the beliefs that have made such sad havoc in our lives.”
Dr. Cady offers four common error thoughts to deny to which nearly everyone grants great power. It’s good to use these sweeping denials to cleanse our mind in preparation for an advance in consciousness.
- There is no evil.
- There is no absence of life, substance, or intelligence anywhere.
- Pain, sickness, poverty, old age, and death cannot master me, for they are not real.
- There is nothing in all the universe for me to fear, for greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world.
As with denials, Dr. Cady offers four sweeping affirmations of Truth that empower marvelous good to be built into our consciousness.
- God is life, love, intelligence, substance, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence.
- I am a child or manifestation of God, and every moment His life, love, wisdom, power flow into and through me. I am one with God and am governed by His law.
- I am Spirit, perfect, holy, harmonious. Nothing can hurt me or make me sick or afraid, for Spirit is God, and God cannot be sick or hurt or afraid. I manifest my real Self through this body now.
- God works in me to will and to do whatever He wishes me to do, and He cannot fail.
Dr. Cady asks us to work with these sweeping denials and affirmations silently several times a day. Not with strained anxiety to get something out of them, but to internalize their meaning.
In the very presence of any negative condition, you can use these denials and affirmation to stand true and unwavering. No matter how sick, weak or inefficient you may feel, no matter how difficult or complex a circumstance may seem, you can turn to these spiritual ideals and see positive results.
They work because our assertion of our oneness with God will act to deliver us out of the greatest external distresses. It will set in motion all the power of divine love to rush to our rescue. And when it has undertaken to work things out for us, we can let go of worry and trust all things will conform to the perfection of Spirit. How special is that?
For more spiritual insights, check out CherieLarkin.com and watch for my new release: Spiritual Growth Studio! I’m excited to share this online spiritual learning center to help you empower your life by sharing universal spiritual principles that deepen your mind-body-spirit connection.
I look forward to meeting you there!